CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 16, 2005

Awake, But Not Alive

"..wake me up inside,
call my name,
and save me from the dark,
bid my blood to run,
before I come undone,
save me from the nothing I've become.."

Dear lonely isle,

I want to wake up. I tell myself to stop living in dreams, and return here. To reality.
But still I stubbornly remain, contented with just being in denial. Living in my lies. So much so, I'm not too sure what's real and what's not anymore.
I surrender to sleep. I succumb once more to the lure of dreams.
And I go under once more. Feeling the waters of fantasy over my head, and seeing light in fragments, each a dazzling display of colour. And its beauty takes me over again. Overboard into the ocean and out of the rabbit hole.
To be buoyed by warm waves of calm, peace and bliss.
But I know, waking up will hurt.
Everytime, it just hurts more and more. Waking up into the world just gets harder everyday.
Sometimes I just want to sleep forever.
To go on, dreaming my life away.
To escape from this world, and enter another.
Crossing the line of sanity over into imagination.
But still every morning I wake up.
And still every day I tell myself to wake up.
And yet every night I dream.
The inconsistency drives me up the wall.
Why do we dream?
And because we dream, why must we wake?
Beacuse eventually, life cannot be absolutes.
Life isn't about absolutes. Nothing is plain black or white.

Because we live in shades of grey,
and dream of colours every night.

love, joyce.

0 comments: