CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 06, 2005

Insecure

"..to love is
to know, cherish, and follow,
without fear, doubt, or question.."

Dear lonely isle,

There are many times when I feel as if I don't recognise my own life anymore. Times when I feel that my world is spinning out of control. And most of the time, it is because I feel I don't know the people around me anymore. The people around me are those that shape my world, so when I get lost in the midst of strangers, I am truly lost.
But such is not the fault of my life's sculptors, it is my fault and mine alone. To put my life in their hands and depend on them for familiarity of surroundings each time I'm washed to shore is foolishness. Every man must stand for himself and find meaning of his own life, is it not so?
But the world is a scary place to be on your own, to be able to stand by yourself, unshaken, against the wave of mankind is a brave thing to do. And it seems, I am not brave enough. I hide behind my wall of familiarity and shy behind my fortress of love for the people in my life.
However, even hidden from the world I still have to face the changes of my tiny paradise. I now understand that everything changes with the tide of time, eventually. The question is, it is for the better, or for the worse?
Even so, for better or worse, every change is a new wound I must learn to live with yet again. It seems my life is a long series of fresh stabs. But such is the way of life, is it not?
When we love and care for someone, we wish to be there for them, in good times as well as bad, even if those times are like writhing in hell for us. Because these are the people who drive us, who inspire us to be more than we are, the people who teach us to give more than we can. And every time we think we are spent, there always seems to be just a little further we can reach, a bit more we can do.
Perhaps now, I am not so afraid of change as I was before, and maybe the world isn't so dark as it appears to be the last I looked. I can now see rays of light, previously shadowed by my doubts and unfounded fears.
'When you love someone let them go, because love isn't kept under glass'. It took me a long time to learn that, and maybe now I can have peace of mind. And perhaps, just perhaps, I am finally able to let go of people that I've spent a long time clinging on to, to let them wonder and explore, sure and confident in the bond that connects us. The bond that has always been there, that I've failed to see all this while.

The only love we keep is the love we give away.

love, joyce.

0 comments: