CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 02, 2005

Dreaming in Darkness

"..once, all dreams were worth dreaming,
i was with you.."
Dear lonely isle,

I have always felt that there was something special about the night. It brings a certain sense of peace, a kind of privacy unknown in other times of the day. The enveloping darkness surrounds you in a protective bubble of solitude where it's just you and your thoughts. And that, to me is one of the greatest feelings in the world. Listenin to music in the dark soothes the soul, and for me, brings to light some memories so sweet they can only be dreams. It is unknown why I remember these moments so vividly, or why they mean so much and most importantly, why I feel them the most in certain songs. As of such, some songs make me cry.
Some of the most beautiful moments in life are captured not by the eye but by other senses; smell, touch and sound. Even the dimmest of memories can be recovered, like old paintings in the deeps, when mud is scraped off and the burst of colours shine through.
Back to what i was saying earlier (really, you shouldn't let me wander off like that), safe in my dark cocoon I retreat into the shadows of the past, feeling safe, contented, secure, wishing this feeling could go on and on, till the end of my days. But when I open my eyes; memories they remain, and nothing more.
Always, I wished that such times were available to me once more, but fate it seems, only deals the deck once. Cards gone are forever denied. Life past, remains in the past. We never get to remake the choices we chose.
But still I persevere, pushing, wondering "what if ?", willing my mind to make it real. Perhaps, in a million other universes the other road would have been my choice. But these are just fantasies, all they were and ever will be. But then why do I continue to fool myself so? Folly, it seems, is not so easily explained.
But until then, I shall continue enjoying the dark delights of this nocturnal activity of mine; breathing in scents of lavender, feeling the soft touch of wind caressing my face and lying in the arms of an angel. My angel.

Wake up, girl. You've fallen asleep...again.

love, joyce.

3 comments:

scream said...

Heyz sad stuff.. sounds like my witchcraft magicy thing. Only with much better writing this one.. haha damn i think i need to go for language class. And am i thinking what you wrote correctly? Him from the past whose presence is always around eventhough it's forbidden? Hmm?

scream said...

can you please add a tag board... this is a plea... =P

Anonymous said...

Wow....what was that? Some kind of English literature!? I was right,your English is so darn good. Well,somehow,I personally feel that the blog really shows your true personality.You Like to be a dreamer in the darkness eh?