CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Post Chinese New Year Blues

Dear lonely isle,

It's only been three days since I've been back from celebrating chinese new year and already I'm shuffling my feet everyday like a reluctant school kid.

First up, I can barely stay awake in the mornings anymore. I suspect this has got something to do with my lack of sleep. I'm trying not be dependent on naps anymore, resulting in this unable to keep my eyes open in class, probably because while I don't nap, I also don't sleep any earlier either.

Take today, I didn't even realised I fell asleep in class today until I woke up from my wonderful wonderful dream. And then, I realised that I cannot keep my eyes open for more than 5 seconds before it automatically shuts itself again. My lecturer today was talking about machinery that we can use to analyse macromolecules. While she was rattling on away about centrifuges, x-ray diffraction patterns and what not, I dreamt (yeah, fell alseep already) that we were walking around the labs because she wanted to show us all those stuff. And that she was wearing her gym clothes. Exercising and stretching while she explained. Only that she wasn't her anymore, she became a lot fatter. I think by now the average person would've figured out that something was definitely wrong here, but my problem is that I never get to find out I was dreaming till I wake up.

I think the only way to describe me on morning classes is "zombie-like". Heck, I'm even starting to feel like a zombie. Now if I were to watch resident evil or some other no brainer zombie show I guess I can reach out and tell the television set, "I feel you, brothers." No wonder they shuffle around like that, they can barely stay awake! Poor things. I really do feel you. (which reminds me of Sweeney Todd, and the young sailor Anthony, in a fit of pure obsession he sings to the girl locked up in the room, "I can feel you, Joanna. I will steal you, Joanna." Steal? God the guy is creepy. I'd run away from someone who wanted to steal me. I am my own person. I refuse to be stolen like some baggage or grocery item, like some thing.)

So yes, determined not to be dependent on naps, even when I can barely stay awake, and it rains continuously for the whole day (making the weather oh-so-don't-wake-me-up-today-it's-too-good-in-bed cool), I shall attempt to blog.

love, joyce.

0 comments: