CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Gong Xi Fa Cai from Malacca

Dear lonely isle,


Happy Chinese New Year!

Went back to Malacca as usual this year :)
Ziggy followed us down on Tuesday for a day trip.

Surprisingly didn't take many pictures this year,
only took some on the night of the second day of chinese new year.

We went for dinner at a place called Geographer situated on Jonker Walk.

Jonker Walk from the second storey of Geographer.

Beatrix, Denise, my brother and me.

Denise squints her eyes every time she's posing for the camera now a days.
She's trying to protect her eyes from the anticipated flash.

Sometimes though, we didn't use flash, like this picture.

My ah yee, Denise and my mom.

Denise enjoying her cheese sandwiches.


My ah ku, Tristan and my dad.

My dad always seems to be looking elsewhere in pictures..

My e chai and Cheryl.

Gosh, I look so dark and shiny..

Geographer is a pretty nice place.
I like the casual setting and the interesting pictures on the walls.
It gives you something to read if you're not with company and waiting for the food to arrive.

They have a huge article on the Titanic, and something about who survived and who didn't.

Oh yeah, the atmosphere here is nice,
but they're pretty slow in the food service department.

We occupied 2 tables on the second storey, the place is empty during dinner time.
Makes it better to take pictures :P

The crowd usually comes in much later, to drink.
Surprisingly, even though the view from the first floor is so nice,
customers seem to occupy mainly the ground floor.

Which left us privacy to make as much noise as we want to
and shift the furniture around to take pictures :P

My mom with her sisters and my grandmother.

Family photo!
Me trying to hide behind my mom in an attempt to appear thinner.

My mom was looking at the wrong camera.

Me and the girls.
From left, Beatrix, Alexis, Denise ketot, Cheryl and me.

Ignore how fat I am.

My brother posing with the boys.
From left, Kieran, my brother (yes, he's thinner, your eyes are not fooling you), Tristan.

Candid shot :P

Alexis and my e chai.
I tell you that girl just won't stop growing.
She's already taller than me *jealous*

And she's 7 years younger.

Denise trying to imitate the jolly looking statue behind her.
Hands up, tummy showing, squinting eyes..SMILE!

Is that the happy buddha or something?

She got the smile right this time :)

Extended family photo!

Pose everyone!

Gong Xi Fa Cai!

May your new year be bright
and
filled with the colours of hope, happiness, wealth and prosperity!

love, joyce.

0 comments: