CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 15, 2005

If Anything Happens, I'll Be Standing By...With Glue

"..if you need to fall apart,
I can mend a broken heart,
if you need to crash,
then crash and burn,
you're not alone.."

Dear lonely isle,

What do you fear?
I fear loneliness. To be alone. To stand amongst a sea of shadows, cold without the warmth of human touch.
What do you fear?
I fear helplessness. To just stand by. To watch the people drown, as I stand numb by the shore, unable to hold back the rolling tide.
The most I can do is offer glue, my shoulders and a willing heart to help mend the broken soul. But still I stand at the sidelines. Not allowed to enter the playing field. Come rain, hail, sleet or snow, I will wait, till they finish their game. I will continue cheering, even from the sidelines.
But it does not seem enough.
It is never enough.
But I am through with punishing myself for something I cannot change. For something I cannot do.
I am here. I will be here. Always and always.
All you need to do is reach out.
I'll catch you when you fall, and raise you up when you're down.
It may not be much.
And I'm probably not very good at it.
But I just want you to know, I am here.
I may not understand, but I'll try.
I may not know, but I'm willing to find out.
I may be just a friend, but I'll never have too little time, or too much to do.

With this my friendship I pledge unto thee, from now, unto the end of time, and for the rest of eternity.

love, joyce.

0 comments: