CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Haven For The Lost

"..in the arms of the angel,
may you find some comfort here.."

Dear lonely isle,

I'm so tired. I wish I could just drift into blissful sleep, and snuggle deeper into the comforter.
But some dreams are just so far away.
I want to close my eyes and just be buoyed by the calm sensation of falling asleep.
To sail off into dreams on a white ship, gently breaking the waves.
I'll be standing at the prow, taking in the wind.
Feeling the cool breeze whip my hair and every sea spray a joyous celebration of life, and being free.
Breath by breath.
One at a time.
Soaking in the moment.
And bathing in the red sunset over the horizon.
Letting the crimson light spill over, and just standing there. Being in awe of the beauty of it all.
To have him there, just holding me.
A reassuring arm in the face of any gale. Solid shoulders to lift me up.
And a heart. Just a heart, to keep me warm, to keep me safe.
My safest place.
Always.

But I always wake up from this dream.

love, joyce.




0 comments: