CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 21, 2008

Monday at the Mechanic's

Dear lonely isle,

My poor car kept staining the porch floor with engine oil due to a leak somewhere.
For quite some time the naggy thoughts of it persisted, and I actually started to worry if my car will overheat in the middle of the road when I drive it one day, possibly on the day I go to pick Ziggy up from the airport. Yes, what a nightmare.
As a matter of fact, it scared me so much that this morning I jumped up out of bed at the first ring of the alarm and changed (and brushed my teeth, bla, bla, bla..) and went downstairs to pop the hood of my car.

And then as I surveyed the "world 'neath the hood" I realize I don't know how to check my engine oil. Yes, I gazed upon the various parts of the car that made it go like one who has yet to see an engine for the first time.
So what do you do?
I called my dad.
He said to take it to the petrol station, pump in some petrol then get the gas attendant to check the oil for me.
So okay, I planned to go before my class at ten.

But whaddayaknow? My classes for today got cancelled :)
All of them :D

So maybe it's time to visit the mechanic's workshop to get my poor leaky car fixed.
Turns out that the belt (not sure of the term, was translated by my room mate) preventing leaks has worn out, and needs to be changed. Problem is, for Kancils, the only way to change it is to take out the entire engine, replace it and then fit it back. Which will take several days. Because they're having a busy week. No, the process doesn't take several days, but they will, because they can't attend to my car just yet.
But I can't leave my car in the workshop for several days!
I'd have to take the bus *shudders* to class!
(Yes I know I'm a spoilt brat :P)

Anyway, the mechanic says not to worry, the leak isn't very bad. I just need to check the oil regularly and refill when necessary. Despite the leak being there since forever, the oil level is still at Full >.<"
So no worries. Joyce now knows how to check her engine oil :D

Then decided to explore the area a bit after that, under the supervision of my room mate, in case I got lost. Went to Damai, but most of the eateries were closed. It was only after all, nearly ten in the morning. Most of the hawker stalls there only open for business at 6 pm.

Then we went to City Mall, passing by Food City, which in the daytime became Dead City. Yes, hawker stalls in hawker centres are nocturnal creatures. They only become active after dark.

There wasn't much to see in City Mall.
Maybe because it's still new.
Maybe because it was still early in the morning.
Maybe because it's a Monday, and everyone is at work.
Maybe because Sabah is partially dead in some areas.
Maybe. Who knows?

Anyway, entered a cute shop selling cute cards. I think you could send these out as cards, but there's a little twist to it, because they can be opened up into interesting things and propped up to make a cute deco for your room or house. My roommate, Kim and I, unable to resist the temptation, each bought one. And to think I keep wondering where does all my cash go...

Mine! Cute ne~ ?


Kim's! Hers looks more happening than mine >.<

After that, we entered Popular to kill time while waiting for eateries to open for lunch. Was feeling very lethargic and hungry. Probably from the relief that there was nothing seriously wrong with my car.

On another note, my dad says that if it's gonna cost him an arm, a leg, or any other body parts to fix the leak, he says I can just continue buying engine oil >.<"

And yes, I couldn't help myself again. In Popular I bought myself a pencil case. I know I didn't need one, yet I wanted one... So I picked a RM 2.50 one. Actually I had to borrow money from Kim to pay for it >.<" Didn't bring much cash out. What I had was spent buying stuff in the cute shop. And no, the card was not the only thing I bought :P

My RM2.50 pencil case. I hope it lasts.
Ziggy says that things tend to last longer with me.
Is it true?

Oh and while I was taking pictures of the things I bought today, I decided to take a picture of my RemindHer, my alarm/beeper/reminder thingy that (you guessed it) reminds me to take my pills at 10pm every night. It sounds like a dying cat though, I had a shock last night, thinking Cat might have died.

I think it's really rather pretty looking :)

love, joyce.

0 comments: