CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Day Fourteen

'..I'll forget the world that I knew
but I swear I won't forget you.."


Dear lonely isle,

It came sooner than I expected.
I guess it had to happen. Sooner though, rather than later like I thought it would.

But I guess its normal.

Is it?

Human emotions are messy, unpredictable, and above all, stupid.
The human heart is really quite unfathomable.
Yet we rely on it so much, or at least I do.

It's just a phase.
Sometimes your heart takes some time to catch up with your brain.
Or is it perhaps the other way around?
That your brain is only now receiving signals your heart has been sending out for some time already?

Maybe its the latter...the heart has always been more perceptive than its counterpart in the upper regions.
Which is probably why posts like these only come under the heading of Day Fourteen, rather than Day Three or Four.

But it's just a silent whisper.
Background noise to the screaming static that is my life.
Except that now the static has dissolved into silence, and the silence spreads over your ears like a blanket, muffling out all other sounds.
And the silence is deafening.

But it's all good.

I like it like this.

Its just...a little murmur that I need to block out.
And sometimes when its really quiet you can hear everything.

I think I'm getting better at this.
It may not always be the best policy, but its important to at least be it with yourself.

Love, Joyce.


0 comments: