CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 01, 2008

Moving Muscles


Dear lonely isle,

Today, everyone should go out and buy 4D.
Because Joyce did physical exercise.

Went swimming with my housemates today; Bee Bee, Mei Kuan, and Chia Wern.
For those of you who know about Bee Bee and Mei Kuan, I have great news for you, Chia Wern, my new room mate, is even smaller than them >.<"
Size-wise. Body frame-wise.
Which makes round round Joyce look like something akin to the great, deep sea-faring mammals in the ocean next to them.
People with great legs. Why do I keep attracting them?

Anyway, we went to the public pool at the Likas Sports Complex. Sorry guys, no pictures. Didn't really want to risk bringing my camera and having it stolen or what-not.

*Must check out the place first ma...My first time there, know?*

The pool was a standard Olympic size pool with of course, the standard freaking cold water that accompanies all indoor or covered pools.

Sad to say, all my effort building up stamina sometime last year when I used to swim every morning with Ziggy baby went *poof* with tiny clouds of smoke.

This is why not doing anything even vaguely strenuous for long periods of time is bad for you, because it makes you extremely wimpy and soft and useless.
Yes, because Joyce went kempis halfway along the length of the pool >.<" And not to mention broke the record for what could be possibly the slowest time taken to swim the length of an Olympic sized pool.

Partly due to the fact that I cannot remember or even recall the last time I did anything even vaguely strenuous.

Haha whatever. I can gloat because my poor room mate cannot swim at all :P
But then again, what I can do isn't exactly something to be proud of anyway...I just float a long faster than she does. When she learns how to float lah.

Oh I went round looking for a new swimsuit that day, because my current old one is pretty tight for me. Actually, 'pretty tight' is probably an understatement >.<"

If you've been swimsuit shopping lately (as I have), and buy your swimsuits from brands like Speedo, Ogival and whatnot, you find that they measure the swimsuit size according to your bust size, or more accurately the circumference of your chest.

Cheap string bikinis do not count because they are all labeled 'free size' and have what passes for possibly a handkerchief for dolls to cover your 'vitals' because there cannot be any other use for pieces of cloth so small. Yes I gave them a try, and no, tried as I could, I could not stretch them wide enough to feel PG-13 rated, much less secure.
And no of course I didn't buy them.
I do not stoop to obscenity.

Anyway, back to buying swimsuits.
If my bra size and measurements are anything to go by, it's that my chest circumference should be 34-35 inches. So I thought my old swimsuit was probably 30 or 32 inches in size which accounts for the tightness. But after checking the worn out label on the suit my eyes widened in amazement, shock and possibly horror (okay, maybe not horror, but kind of like how somethings are weird but yet fascinating at the same time?) that the actual size was 28 inches.
That's like 6 inches in difference.
Imagine how my breasts feel.
Okay, don't imagine. I was just kidding.

No wonder I look literally like an airport runway wearing the suit. The poor dears were squashed so tight they became flat. (Yes, fats are quite soft and can flatten if you squash them)

So yes, I think I have justified getting a new swimsuit. Problem is, Sabah for some reason DOES NOT and is possibly INCAPABLE of selling even marginally or reasonably nice looking swimsuits.
They're either horrendously small or horrendously ugly. (Some were horrendously weird. Anyway, the point is that swimsuits here are quite horrendous. But I'm sure you know now.)

And I have some Family Day thingy for my course coming up next week, and we're going to an island to play. And I have to wear my very tight swimsuit and look boobless *sobs* T_______T

On hindsight, I now know what muscles are involved in swimming the breast stroke because I can feel every single one I used today, probably more than is possibly necessary or required.
Oh, no worries, it's not THAT bad, I can still lift my arms straight and reach for the skies.
One at a time though, and very slowly.

Yes, I already know how unfit I am. I'm suffering for it, remember?

But I had a good time :)
Teaching roomie how to swim, kempis-ing at the side of the pool feeling great because I moved muscles and put (possibly) some fat to work to earn their keep for the extended stay and usage of space in my body.

And the best part of it all, having a good, hot dinner after all the relatively hard work done :)
(Relative because while it is not hard work at all for everyone else, but for my standard of nil exercise, I gotta say I made myself happy and a little bit proud today ;) *tries to pat self on back but failed because arms refuse to cooperate after being tortured, and thus resorts to mentally patting self on back*)

It's been a good day. Of sorts.
Now if only my muscles can feel as good as I do and stop complaining.

love, Joyce.

0 comments: