CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Dinner at Ten Thirty


Dear lonely isle,

I. Hate. Tuesdays.

Right from the start when I have to wake at the crack of dawn to be at the hospital by 7.30am to collect people's urine.

Can you imagine that?

Dahlah have to wake up so bloody early (extra early for me because I MUST eat breakfast and MUST prepare packed lunch for the day, otherwise I'll die of hunger by 11am.), have to go and collect urine first thing in the morning.
Feels a bit like those night soil carriers, but for them it probably goes something like
"
Dahlah so late cannot go back and sleep still, must collect shit some more before go home!"
As in literally taking shit from people >.>

On retrospect, I take piss from people O.o

Anyway, enough about horrible thesis labwork.

Don't want to bore everyone half to tears or to sleep with the details.

Why dinner at ten thirty? Because Tuesdays suck.
After collecting the urine and bringing the load back to the lab at lunchtime (see, lunchtime bring urine back, imagine how good my appetite is), it's work work work till all the samples are processed. And because its impossible to finish in one day, the next day will also be a day devoted and dedicated to processing other people's urine. (so Wednesdays suck too.)

Back to why dinner at ten thirty...
Because I come back at 9pm.
And it's supposed to be a holiday!!! Who spends their holidays taking piss may I ask? O.o

Nuff bout thesis labwork (again).

Wasn't even planning to talk about that, but keep getting diverted by some unseen force in my brain.

Was so proud of my dinner :)
Because even though it was late I did not stoop to Maggi, or milo and...er, milo, then straight dive for the bed.
Hehe, so here comes recipe for Potato Tomato Salad.



Potato Tomato Salad
(Easiest Dish In The World)


You need:

1 (or 2 or 3, depends on how hungry you are) steamed or boiled potato(es)
[I used the baby potatoes I bought in Ranau, so that's 3 baby ones for me]
2 (or 4 or 6) yummy red tomatoes
[the more the better, should have more veggie than carbs. Cherry ones will be good :)]
Generous (or not so generous) dollop of mayonnaise
[depending on how much you moved today or how much you need comfort food ;P]
Salt and pepper to taste

To prepare:

1. Chop all the things you can chop.
2. Put everything in a bowl.
3. Throw in the dollop
4. Mix
5. Eat while watching a show you like.

Assured goodness and satisfaction :)

[At least I like it.]

Cos I'm such a sport today, here's a photo of the finished dish.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
:P


What...I said finished right..?

Good night :)

with lots of love,
Joyce.

0 comments: