CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 05, 2008

Midnight Thoughts


Dear lonely isle,

I want to wake up to sunrises, and fall asleep watching sunsets.
I want to wake up with him by my side, and fall asleep holding his hand.
I want to wake up to the smell of fresh coffee and fall asleep after a full dinner.
I want to wake up feeling like I rested, and fall asleep after a fulfilling day.
I want to wake up with a mind like bright sunlight, and fall asleep thinking of the stars.
I want to wake up with a sole purpose for the day, and fall asleep knowing it is done.
I want to wake up with a smile, and fall asleep seeing his.



I want to go home.

But some wishes are too far away, and will remain desires.
For now.

But some hopes are too far off, and will remain dreams.
Nothing more.

But all are longings deep within the heart, a hunger that cannot be satiated.
A wish that cannot be granted.
A hope that cannot come true.


But you can't always have what you want.


As I miss sunrises and sunsets in my days, I wonder what is the purpose of a window;
I hardly look outside anymore.


The days come and go like shadows, creeping in dark corners like things that shy from the sun, unnoticed. Time feels insubstantial, save for the rhythm of heartbeat, a reminder of the sands that pass from present into past. Still, everything remains motionless, like the gray portraits of ancestors, choke-filled with dust and stitched with cobwebs. Still, the pile of labour to be toiled refuses to lessen, yet the marching of the days cease to stop.


I think, I'm pretty sick of my life.
Right now.

But enough's enough, ain't it?
It's time to stop whining.


The work isn't going to get itself done and hand itself in.


Just wish my leg could detach and kick my ass.

Love, Joyce.

0 comments: