CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Career Day Slavery


Dear lonely isle,

Became a slave to my course today.
The lecturer in charge of our program absolutely insisted that as students from the Biotechnology course, we must organize a Career Day. Don't get the connection.
But we get the fact that she wants to acquire bragging rights.

So what are students under the power of lecturers who mark their exam papers to do?
Follow orders lorh...

So we slaved and toiled away for this day, which I think benefited the seniors (3rd year students) the most. The juniors (first years) were too blur and don't know much about anything, and we were just too busy with everything else to pay attention to the speakers. Those that were not a member of the committee were pretty much studying for mid terms on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.

Yeah, some lecturers think we've too much idle time on our hands, and that obviously some mindless, meaningless task must be given to us so that we can be more productive.

The devil finds work for idle hands.

What a fitting adage.

At last count, I have 10 reports pending, 6 assignments, 7 essays, and a presentation to cover plus 3 upcoming mid terms this week. Yes, idle indeed.

We were made to go to campus before 7 in the morning, something which even on days I have morning class I do not do. All just for this day.

Best part is, the lecturer that insisted we organized this day, was too 'busy' to attend it.
She passed the responsibility to another lecturer.

Sometimes I feel like using her face as a mop. The bathroom can be really dirty.

I mean, that's not counting the decoration and the rehearsal the day before, and the meetings leading up to this day, and all that running about.

Yes the bathroom badly needs to be mopped.

Around 8.00am on the morning.
During registration.
Nope, not us, we're under er...

whassat called? The people who take care of the itinerary and watch the time and remind the speaker it's time to stop?

That's us.

Studying on the job.
It's hard being a student and a slave at the same time.

Pinku people!
Would you believe its even the same brand?


Just woke up. I bet you can tell.
My arms had bad pins and needles T__T
Hehe but they got massaged back to life :P

From here onwards pictures of me look sick/dead.
Didn't realize I look that tired...

Jia Jia doesn't like the cameraman.

Lai San likes balloons.

Lai San really likes balloons.

I don't know why is this in the hall, but I thought it looked pretty cute.

Cute fake plant.

Members of the committee for the Career Day.
Look so damn fat in this picture T___T

Dead looking me.
Everyone was happy bout getting the chocolate though.

Personal memento from slaving ourselves.


I was taking the picture with both hands.
My finger didn't get to be in the picture T__T

And you can so tell Jia Jia has 2 fingers there >.<"

Dead tired.
Don't know why.

But good company makes even the stupidest day feel a lot better.

love, Joyce.

0 comments: