CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 23, 2009

Biotechnology Night 2009



Sunday, 22nd March 2009.



Last dinner for our course!
which of course equals to last chance to dress up >.>
Last dinner for our 3rd year biotechnology students.
A night for just us only :)

Then there's also the last chance to participate in group activities.
Such as dancing,
singing,
acting.

Decided to join the traditional dance, which branched out into modern dance as well.
Tried my hand at singing too,
and emceeing for the first time.

Unfortunately, (or maybe fortunately) I didn't get to emcee, the performance schedule was too packed. Didn't have the time to go and further entertain the audience :(

On the night of the dinner.
Us before it started, wearing the outfit for the traditional dance, Sumazau.


Fansus in black :)


See...what did I always say about black? Black makes you look slim..



Receiving guests in the traditional dance costume.


For the modern dance we all wore formal white shirts with dark coloured ties.
But that one happened to quickly, no time to take a group photo.


With (l to r:) Daniel, Ozzy and Butter who were all in the group singing.


With my pretty supervisor, Dr. Ivy :)


My room mate commented that she looks like Barbie.


With Anny, who was also in the modern dance, wearing a cute pink dress for the night :)


With Bella, who choreographed the Sumazau dance,
previous class representative,
and also former Uduk Ngadau (traditional beauty pageant) winner.



Tiing Jen either wants to:
a. kiss me
b. smell me
or
c. show off the hair that Jia Jia set for her.

I'm guessing c.


After the dancing, it was off to the bathroom to change, not into another costume,
but finally into something nice for the night.

Tiing Jen and Jia Jia




And, yours truly with no dress to wear.
And no time to do her hair.


See how self obsessed I am as I post three pictures of myself alone in a row.



Look abit fat there, but ignore, focus on the face.


With the favourite fansu :)




With Jia Jia :)





Jia Jia and Phebe, who's looking cool in my shades cos her eyes were swollen.
Allegic reaction :(



With Butter who refused to smile for my pictures.

No worries, retaliated by not smiling for his camera.



Lai San and Jaclyn, emcee of the night.




Feminine-looking Tiing Jen.

Never thought this day would come T____T


With Yuen, who choreographed the modern dance.
The guy seriously shakes ass.
And does it better than all of the girls in the dance.



The Vice Chancellor of UMS with his beloved students.
(He's their supervisor for their final year project)

We're privilliged enough that our VC is one of our main biotech course lecturers :)



With Dr. Jualang.



Beloved Datuk K. and his wife, Datin Ann.



With the favourite fansu again, camwhore style



Dr. Ivy and her students :)

We're all under her for our final year project.

Confirmed la, my supervisor is the prettiest XD







The GMO family

They acted as mother (Tiing Jen), father (Lau), and son (Yuen) for the play.








With Hidayah.
The first malay girl in my course I met and made friends with during the orientation week.



With Kak Aliya



With Yati.



With Tasha :)



The Sumazau dance group.
Can you spot the three blind mice?



Warning: camwhore shots ahead. If its not your thing, do not proceed further.





Yes I know its a lazy kind of post. But then again I'm a lazy kind of person :P

Had fun that night :)
Think I actually enjoyed it more than MAGRA.
Somehow its a smaller group, a more personal thing.

My kind of thing :)


Love, Joyce.


3 comments:

meamizuno said...

I love all da pics! U really look very slim now Joyce! I like it! Hohoho! Sudah mau habis blaja dah kan =) Ku sgt sibuk sgt sgt sgt dgn thesis + seminar sgt2 T_T sudah 2 hari aku tidak tidur T_T

joYce said...

oh cik shima, itu kerja baju hitam.
memang baju hitam akan menampakkan diri slim sikit XD

aih kesian! kite pun! byk kerja utk FYP T___T

kite berdua sama-sama berusaha ya? :)

PS: cik shima, contact lens belum sampai lagi...boleh tolong saya tanyakan penjual tu samada dia sudah send ke tak? beribu-ribuan terima kasih ;)

¡Ʌm[˄˄]℮ said...

my joyce is sooo pretty!